Natural disasters can occur at any time. Many disasters cannot be avoided. Whether it is flooding or a fire, it is important for homeowners to know how to choose a storm restoration company.
The importance of storm restoration
Storms bring rain, flooding, and other damage. Lightning has the potential to cause fires, while high winds and tornadoes can rip the roof right from our homes. Downed trees and power lines can cause dangerous electrical conditions and destroy property.
Storm restoration involves a comprehensive approach to the damage and the skillset to handle different jobs in order to restore the property. Their professionals should know how to handle water damage, fire damage, mold remediation, and construction projects. One storm can cause a variety of damage throughout the home, so there is no one-size-fits-all approach to the problem.
Look for these key characteristics
Choosing a storm restoration company does not need to be difficult. Homeowners can ask these questions when searching for the right company to handle the aftermath of the storm and get them back into their homes as quickly as possible:
- Does the storm restoration company know how to work with insurance companies? If the company has no idea how insurance payments work or what is expected of them when working with home insurance companies, then that company would not be the right one to choose. The storm restoration company should know how to navigate the confusing world of insurance to ensure that the job is done the right way and paid for properly through the insurance company.
- How long has the company been handling storm restoration cases? Storm restoration is not the same as a typical restoration job. For example, one storm restoration job might include rebuilding the roof and part of the house, taking care of water damage, mold remediation, and fire damage restoration. Some restoration might require a hazmat suit for sewage flooding or chemical spills. The storm restoration company needs to know how to handle a variety of services and what storm restoration entails.
- Is the storm restoration company certified? Professional certifications in the restoration industry include the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), and personal certifications under the American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC), or the Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA). The company should have specialists who work with them and meet high-quality certification standards.
More key characteristics
- Do they have 24/7 availability? The first 24 to 48 hours following a storm are crucial for restoration. In the case of water damage, we can extract the water and treat for mold before it has a chance to take root. Standing water also poses a health hazard. The storm restoration company should be available to begin work as soon as possible.
- Does the storm restoration company offer a range of services? The storm restoration company should have the specialized training to handle a variety of situations. Because storms can cause more than one type of damage to a home, their teams can handle different cleanup and restoration methods.
- Research and ask questions. The restoration company should have a transparent process. Homeowners should expect the news that their insurance companies will not cover the restoration. A representative can answer questions while the crew begins restoration.
The good news is that C.A.R.E. Services is IICRC certified with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Our experts are also available 24/7 for fire and water damage emergencies. Your home will receive high-quality care from a family-owned business committed to providing the best restoration services in North Carolina.